Sunday, August 30, 2009

4th of JuLy!!





This year we hosted the 4th of July in our humble abode! It was a great day with lots of family around. We had my parents, Red's parents, Aunt Jan and Uncle Doug, Tim and Kylee and of course darling baby Beckett. Grandpa Woody was here and Scott and Kati also came with the kids and last but not least Auntie Katie Jr.! Red took the girls up to the Granite Parade first thing while we finished some of the food preps. Doug brought bocce (never played it??) and the kids had a ball playing that in the backyard. We had barbeque chicken salads (thanks Marilyn!) corn on the cob, fruit, chips and salsa cupcakes and of course homemade icecream. After gourging ourselves, we took all the kids over to the splash park for some wet fun! Then played some dominoes...chatted....listened to Doug tell off color jokes...watched fireworks! The End. It was a fun, family day!

2 comments:

KATE said...

I almost forgot about that salad! YUmmmmm... i need to make that!!

Laurel said...

Would you please send me a cupcake! I guess I will have to come up with the recipe for the salad and make it myself! YUMMMM!It was a lot of fun and yes, I am still laughing at Doug's "joke"!