Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Daisie Story...


Allie & Daisie on Christmas Eve
Allie lost a tooth the other day and we were reminded of this little Daisie story. Daisie is our little maltese/poodle mix, weighing in at about 8 pounds give or take a few ounces. She is a much loved dog! However, Daisie is not the sharpest tool in the shed...if you know what I mean. Case in point... Allie was about 6 years old and lost one of her first teeth. She was so excited! Allie wanted to show Daisie her tooth so she held out her hand with her tooth in it for Daisie to see and smell. So what does Daisie do? She eats the stinking tooth!! Allie was of course very distraught and wrote a note to the Tooth Fairy explaining that she did actually lose a tooth, but the dog ate it! The tooth fairy understood...she knows the dog well! She left money. Sometimes I wish she would have taken the dog with her! Just kidding, I love Daisie! ;)

4 comments:

Kami said...

When I saw this title, I had to check it out. Glad it wasn't Daisie loosing a tooth! I know those are very few and far between!

Marci said...

Wow! You have updated a lot since I've been here. I haven't been a good blogger lately. Love all the updates! It looks like you guys to Christmas right. And those snowmen candy bars are stinkin' cute! You really are a domestic goddess. I bow in your presence.

LINDSEY said...

Ahh Daisy...we love our dogs in a loving hateful way, don't we moms? That is by far the funniest Daisy story I have ever heard and there are some good one out there. Hope all is well with you guys.

KATE said...

oh my hell, that Daisie Dog!
She's a special spirit!