Wednesday, September 16, 2009

If You Find a Mouse in Primary...


http://www.clker.com/clipart-simple-cartoon-mouse-2.html

This past weekend was the primary program for our ward. This is a cute little program put on by the children who attend our church, with speaking parts and lots of music. Anyway... I was pretty involved with it this year...you might say. ;) So, we were at our church building on Saturday to practice when a friend came walking over holding a dead mouse by the tail. (Thanks James) He had just killed it! :( I don't do rodents! I remained pretty calm for me...I think? and we continued with our practice. The next day we had the program and it went wonderfully. Really it was great, the kids were so cute and it was perfect! I was even able to block out the fact that a mouse could be crawling up my leg any minute!(Because, you know if there's one...there are twenty and they're all having babies!) When the program was over we were getting ready to take the kids and head upstairs to the primary room for a snack and a movie, to celebrate... someone came down and said we needed to wait. Apparently a mouse was trying to crash the party! I could tell they didn't want to tell me what was going on. Long story longer...about four men in suits were trying to corner/kill the little mouse in our primary room. We waited a little longer and...mission accomplished! Now, I'm feeling a little guilty. (Not really.) I mean, haven't you read If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? Maybe he just wanted to worship with the kids. And listen to them sing I am a Child of God or something. Who knows?? More likely...he wanted to enjoy the saltines and hot chocolate we found lurking in the singles ward's closet!! I'm just saying...I don't do mice! So...if you find a mouse in primary...he just might end up in Heaven!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

busymama said...

I'm sorry I can't stop giggling - i too don't do mice very well!! I love primary program stories they make the program!!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

I meant to tell you how hard I laughed when I read this post a few weeks ago. "When you find a mouse in primary....he just might end up in Heaven" I love it!!! Maybe you should write the LDS version of that book and have that as your title.....that would be a great read!!