Wednesday, September 9, 2009

SuMmeRTiMe, fLyS and BeiNg on TiMe!

Summer is coming to a close before my eyes! It was so chilly in my house this morning, I kind of wanted to turn on the heat....kind of. I didn't! Today I'm enjoying some of the things I love at Summers end, like fresh peaches and tomatoes. What I'm not enjoying...the flies! I've killed at least a half dozen so far today and I just opened my dishwasher and another one flew out! A stowaway! He knew I was on a fly hunt!  I just can't believe how fast this summer has flown by! Really, June didn't count this year for a couple of reasons. The weather was rainy all month and we were putting the finishing touches on our basement project. I remember thinking I was glad it wasn't nice outside or I couldn't have stayed inside day and night to finish! Soon I'll post pictures...we are LOVING the extra space to say the least!

So, yesterday I was reminded of a funny little story about my son, who will remain nameless. I forgot to pick him up from lacrosse. Bad mom! Bad mom! Really he wasn't upset... a little bugged but he knows I'm flaky sometimes and is patient with me.


That was not always the case.

A few years ago Tanner was playing little league football. If you've never been involved with this before, you should know it's serious stuff! Kind of like a mini boot camp or something. Honestly...I don't quite understand it! Anyway he was practicing five nights a week and Saturdays. I was done! The kids hadn't even started school yet so we had gone to a movie that day. Well...I didn't plan very well and by the time the movie got out, it was obvious Tanner was pretty much in a panic and just knew he would be running extra laps to make up for his mother's lack of planning!As Tanner (I guess he's not nameless!) got out of the car and shut the door, he turned around and tapped on the window. Tap, tap, tap. I promptly rolled it down. He then says to me in a very restrained voice, 'THIS had better not happen again.' To which I promptly rolled up the window and drove away. Then of course I started to laugh hysterically. He is just like both of his grandfathers! If he's not early, he's late! If he's late, it's my fault, because HE would not be late! Hello he's being raised by me, which by the way, I've been working on my tardiness and doing fairly well. But his father...well you know...he's still working on it!


Thanks, Tanner for keeping me on time...for the most part! I love that guy! :)

P.S. Where did the spell check go? Am I going crazy?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

just so you know, my mom forgot to pick me up from dance once.

i still have a fear of being left. seriously.

now, sounds like Tanner's fine.

but just so you know!

no pressure or anything...

Love ya!

Marci said...

I know, summer flew by! I am a little annoyed by it. I just want to sleep in again!

And Robb left Collin behind at a Junior Jazz game in the parking lot. He just drove off, with Collin standing by the side of the truck. Collin got over it. But we all still laugh at it! Does that make me a bad mom?

KATE said...

hahahahahaha