Sunday, April 11, 2010

LaS VeGaS bAbY!




In March our family traveled to Las Vegas for a lacrosse tournament Tanner was participating in for his competitive team. We made a little vacation out of it and had a lot of fun! The funniest part about the trip was the kid's wanting to visit Gold and Silver Pawn shop. This shop is featured on a TV show called PAWN STARS. It's kind of like the Antiques Road Show only in a really white trash way, because it's actually a pawn shop. So, people bring stuff in to see what it's worth and they call in experts to tell them because they aren't even sure what the item would be worth. The people that work in the store....well, let's have the pictures speak for themselves...

This is Chumlee...for some reason my kids were REALLY more excited than I wish they would have been to meet this guy. But, I must admit, he was pretty nice to come out and pose for a picture with them. He even gave the girls stickers that said "I ♥ Chumlee". Tanner has one that says, "Chumlee 4 President." A scary thought! The shop really was a typical pawn shop, but they did have some cool stuff. They had a few super bowl rings. Can you imagine some football player....pawning their ring in Vegas? Crazy! I really don't know what else to say about this...the kids were stoked! I wanted to remember this, because it really cracks me up!

Below are some scrapbook pages that tell about the rest of our trip.

1 comment:

♥Stef said...

Ahhh ha ha ha. I love Pawn Stars! Chumlee is such a crazy dude. What is with that name anyway? We wondered if we went to Vegas- would we go into the Pawn Shop? Now the answer is... heck YES!
I love all your scrapbook pages. Are they digital, or scanned in? I can't tell!