Saturday, April 11, 2009

Allie's 11th Birthday!


Allie requested pasta, salad, shrimp, "good bread" and chocolate cake for her birthday dinner and we had a great time celebrating as a family! She got a new lacrosse stick, new bedding, a couple of new outfits and a DS game. We are still planning to take a few friends and go to a movie to celebrate miss Allie and have some fun! I can't believe Allie's eleven. She is such a great girl! Allie loves to hang out with her friends, play lacrosse, rollerblade, do craft projects, read, play her DS, watch movies and play games. Allie is a girl after my own heart! She loves to read...her favorite books are the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. (a local author) Allie just got the fourth book when it came out last month! Allie has read too many books to count and recently finished Old Yeller and Where the Red Fern Grows. There were many tears! :( She's currently working on the juvenile classics list at the library. I love that she likes to read. Also, Allie loves some of the quirky old movies I like and will watch them with me. She loves "Pillow Talk" with Doris Day and Rock Hudson and we just finished "The Long Long Trailer" with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. (Both so funny) She also loves "Gone with the Wind!" So...now I have a movie buddy, because Red hates old movies! She'll also play cards and other games with me! One thing Allie and I do not have in common is: she does NOT like to be the center of attention at all! I have no idea where that comes from? I just know I love hanging out with Allie! She's my girl!

1 comment:

KATE said...

Cute girl! Can you believe she'll be in young womens next year? Yikes!