Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Daisie is home...

Well...I just brought Daisie home. She looks like H-E- DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS! I really don't know how else to describe her and I'm too embarrassed to post a picture! Picture the dirty dog in the picture from the previous post and add more dirt, some gravel, some dried blood and you have our dog. I won't be able to get her groomed for at least a couple of weeks because she's so banged up. They had to shave one leg for the IV so she has a pink bandage on it. She's very unstable. Last night when we went to visit she got so excited when we were leaving she got up on her hind legs and then tipped over backwards and bonked her head on the back of the cage. (Allie was not pleased.) Hello! Well...she didn't get a brain transplant and no one ever said she was the sharpest tool in the shed. The doctor advised me not to let her do stairs which I assured him she wouldn't even try... guess where she heads after being home for only a half an hour. She drunkenly walks over to try to go up the STAIRS! Listen to me...two days ago I was bawling over this dog! So...she came home w/ steroid medication for me to give her twice a day (no clue what it is for?) and I really do hope she'll be alright. As for the vet bill...this little hospital visit cost half as much as it did to have her 33 teeth pulled...seriously I couldn't make this stuff up! I'll post about my dog's 3 teeth another time when I'm bored or dying or both! ;) Happy day! My kid's will actually sleep tonight! :)
P.S. I know I'm a super crummy dog mom! Don't think I don't know it...so please don't tell me I am. Seriously I'm going to repent and do better I just know it!

3 comments:

♥ Michele ♥ said...

The fact that you ARE a dog mom means you are a GOOD dog mom in my book. My kids beg and beg and I won't give in. Hey, I think Daisie will be fine, this dog seems to have 9 lives!! Good luck! :)

Kami said...

Come on Daisy Dog!!

Amazed said...

Oh man! Isn't it traumatic???? But not as traumatic as your grown son (Ben) telling you that every year, the only thing he ever wanted (prayed for) was a dog.

Never happened.

Now THAT is a bad mom!