Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Where can a fish possibly go?!

I am going to preface this story by saying, the Lambert's are not so good with pets!We have a dog named Daisie that we've managed to keep alive for about five and a half years now. She only has three teeth but that's a story for another day. Anyway...any other living thing that has come into our home besides children and Daisie has not left alive! Scary huh! Well...cute McKenna has been begging for a fish for about the past year. Of course I've been dragging my feet because, well they stink and they always die and I'm the one who has to flush it, wipe the tears and clean up the mess.Finally, on McKenna's 7th birthday back in January; Red took her over to Walmart and bought her THREE fish. The first one, Madison died within the first week of natural causes?? The second fish, Stripes narrowly escaped death while Red was cleaning the bowl and it almost went down the sink...but unfortunately passed away later that day. Just couldn't handle the trauma I guess. Finally, good old Luther (Named by Dad!) had just hung on, even after Kelsie dumped an entire bottle of food into the bowl. Yesterday, McKenna brought the fishbowl down into the kitchen saying she wanted to keep it safe from Kelsie who was currently playing with a friend in their bedroom.I didn't think much about it until last night. I was noticing how grody(not a word I know!)the fishbowl was and I was about to ask Red to come up and clean it when I noticed there wasn't a fish in the bowl! Mother of mercy! Do I seriously have to tell my daughter her fish has disappeared? So, I jiggled the bowl a little thinking maybe the fish is hiding in a shell or under the fake coral or something. NOPE, no fish! So my question is...where in the h@#* can a fish possibly go?? Was it foul play? Did he jump to his death and get eaten by our toothless dog? What? Where? Who? After conducting a full search and recovery mission I still have no fish! Will someone please explain to our children...I don't do pets!

4 comments:

coccifamily said...

LOL

The Francom Family said...

sweet nibblets, Kim!! NO one can make me laugh the way you do!! My bet is he committed suicide by jumping out. What kind of fish was he? We were "watching" my niece's fish for her and found the fish on the counter one day all dried out. "grody"!! Good Luck! Liz

Marci said...

Thanks for the laugh! I love that story. You'll have to keep us posted on if you solve the mystery or not.

And welcome to the blogging world! Your blog is already one of the cutest around!!

J+S said...

Haha, it's a mystery. I love it, but I'm sorry for the trauma it will cause you and your children.