Monday, April 20, 2009

In and out house!

No...I'm not referring to a restroom! It's the sound of spring/summer! It's back. The all too familiar sound of doors...revolving doors open and shut! In and out...out and in! Slam, crash, bang! The front door,the back door and the garage door! Sometimes I lock all three! Does it happen to you too? I noticed our little 3 year old neighbor Camryn outside yesterday looking a little sad. So, being the nice neighbor that I am...I said, "what's wrong Camryn?"
She replies, "I can't find my sisters?"
I say, "have you checked in your house?"
"No," Camryn says, "my mom and dad said I can't just keep going in and out, out and in!"
So now I'm thinking...wow! They are super smart and...they have obedient children to boot! NO FAIR! Some people have all the luck!
This is my house in the Spring/Summer:
Kid's fully dressed-out to play.
In for a drink-out to play.
In for a snack-out to play.
In for potty break-out to play.
In for a band aid and a kiss-out to play.
In for a swimsuit-out to play.
In for a towel-out to play.
In for a Popsicle-out to play.
In for Popsicle's for half of the neighborhood-out to play!
In for a blanket-out to play.
In for 10 more blankets...busted... no more blankets-out to play.
In to put clothes on-out to play. (not in the original outfit of course.)
I could go on but your probably already wondering why your wasting your time! :)
It finally ends with outside toys, towels, water etc.... everywhere! So we clean up,do dinner,offer baths and exhausted children finally give up and fall into bed. Ahhh...peace!
So... I say, BRING IT! Bring on summer and the return of the in and out house!
Truthfully...it does drive me crazy! But, I LOVE my kids and summer. I know in a few years I will miss these days so I'm gonna enjoy it!

9 comments:

busymama said...

I had no idea you had a blog!!! I love it!! And amen to this post!!!

♥Stef said...

Hi Kim
Fun new blog! There sure are a lot of cons (weeds being one of them!) to warm weather, but I think the pros win. I love the warm and the fact the kids get off the couch! We turn off our alarm beep on the weekends because it drives us crazy!! Beep, beep, bang, bang....

Unknown said...

why don't you just leave the doors open?

Kim said...

I have an aversion to rodents, bugs and other small animals!

Bows_n_bracelets @hotmail.com said...

Love the spring like weather as well and feel like I need to stock up on all the treats again because as you said I give a popsicle to every neighbor kid in a 3 mile radius some days. Just glad that I can be at home and see all of these kids. Today I had a little boy over that his mom does not let him play outside much, and he had never riden a scooter so bless Jonah's sweet Heart and he is teaching the 5 year old how to ride the scooter and Jonah is only 2! love being a mom!!!

KATE said...

yes, of course our house is the same! it took me over an hour to round up kids (and FINALLY get them herded into the house) for a late dinner, only to have to go clean up our toys that were from here to texas! I'm just ready for no school, so the nights aren't so nuts!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Amen sista!! Ditto on all of it!

Amazed said...

I love when you get the kids out of the tubby...and there is an inch of dirt (mud) in the bottom! I can hardly not be outside as well! Heaven! Finally!!!!

The Gatherum Clan! said...

ok--so love this post! It made me laugh, and made me want to "gear up"! :)