Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our First Daughter



On March 12, 1998 we were blessed to welcome a healthy 6lb. 5 oz. baby girl to our family. I thought Allison Kate was the most beautiful baby I'd ever seen. She had gorgeous, clear skin and dark brown hair. Allie was our tiniest baby and weighed in under 6 lbs. as we were leaving the hospital. She made me nervous. Luckily she loved to nurse and plumped up right away! Having Allie in our home was somewhat of an adjustment! At just 22 months old, Tanner felt a little slighted for sure! On one hand he liked his new baby sis and lovingly referred to her as "Owie." On the other hand Allie is lucky I was there to rescue her from him. Tanner frequently tried to beat her over the head with things like: the remote control, cordless phone, (like a brick back then!) and various toys, large and small! I had to watch them both at all times!! In many ways these years were some of the hardest for me. I had two children in diapers for almost 2 years, Red traveled 2 to 3 days of the week and I think I was late everywhere I went! Long story short it took me a while to adjust. I loved being able to stay at home with them and as you'll see in many pictures I went a little overboard dressing them alike or in coordinated outfits! So...for the next (almost) four years Tanner and Allie were our life! We did everything with these two little kids and loved it! :)

1 comment:

KATE said...

I think we've all taken our turn being the late ones for everything! I remember Allie being so tiny she scared the pee out of me too!