Monday, April 27, 2009

DAISIE GOT HIT BY A CAR!!! :(




Remember how a few posts ago I said I don't do pets! Yeah well I'm eating my words today. This morning I had a little premonition about our dog being hit by a car...I envisioned the whole thing. Me taking her to the vet, her not making it and me trying to figure out what to do with her as Red is out of town this week. Well I searched the house only to find her happily asleep in a sunbeam. Not two hours later a lady in our ward was bringing her to me wrapped in towels and I was running her to the veterinary hospital! Why....WHY DON'T I LISTEN TO MY INSTINCTS?! She can go under our fence so we usually put her on a tether in our backyard. But....I let her out and planned to hurry and let her back in after she did her bidness. Of course I got busy and forgot and well...you know the rest! So, Daisie is currently at the doggie hospital with an IV receiving meds. and being observed. She has a concussion, a bruise on her chest, a hurt front paw and possible internal injuries. So here's the deal...I cried the whole way to the vet! I'm not sure if I was crying more for the dog or my children; specifically Allie. Daisie is the love of her life! Almost everything she does revolves around the dog. I'm driving and wondering how I'm going to tell her?? Long story short.. a while later I checked Allie out of school and Red took her (before he left town) and all of the teary eyed kid's to visit Daisie. We are all still really worried and just waiting to see what the morning will bring. I hope she'll be alright. I do some pets. :( This picture of Allie and Daisie was taken on Friday. Daisie really is a good dog.

3 comments:

Kami said...

Oh Kim, I'm so sorry! Keep us posted :(

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. That is a tough one, for all of you. I hope everything turns out ok....

The Gatherum Clan! said...

Oh, so sad! This is one of the MANY reasons I can't have pets!! :) Good luck--I hope everything works out happy!