Sunday, May 3, 2009

1st Grade Field Trip ---> Children's Museum


On Thursday I was privileged to be able to go with McKenna's class to the Children's Museum downtown. It was so fun to ride the bus and spend the day with Kenna all by herself. I loved it! We were together the whole time and even snuck Swedish fish on the bus! Naughty, I know! She was so cute and says the funniest things! This is a sample of one conversation we had while on the bus... 
McKenna: "so mom, did Grandpa Alger,you know your dad, did he like live in the olden days?" 
Me:  "The olden days? What exactly do you mean when you say 'olden days?'" 
Kenna: "You know...like back in the 80's!!!!" 
Hello...Now I feel old! (Sorry dad!) So, I explained to her that I was actually a little girl like her (well almost) back in the 80's. I still don't think she's totally convinced that the 80's aren't the "olden days!" She did say that by "olden days" she meant back when people didn't have cars...that made me feel a little better! 
The Children's museum is the bomb! The kid's had a blast in their matching t-shirts. They had shirts made with all of the kid's pictures (drawn by themselves) on it. So darling! So, it was pretty easy to keep track of the group. I was in charge of a group of four:  Kenna, Christina Lindquist, Lexi and Braxton. I think we pretty much saw it all! They liked the life flight helicopter the best!

No comments: