Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bedtime Fun!

Problem:
Tanner & McKenna = Sleep
Allie & Kelsie = Night Owls

A few months ago we decided to put Allie's queen size bed in McKenna and Kelsie's room and move a twin back into Allie's. So the two "littles" have been sharing a bed! I'm really not sure what we were thinking because it has pretty much been a nightmare ever since! Here's the problem...we have two night owls and two that actually like to go to sleep at bedtime. And...currently we have four bedrooms. It seems to me that should be enough, but it really isn't working out very well! 

I feel like we need another wing on our house for the night owls! Really I can't get totally mad at them because Red and I are the same way...we prefer night! I swear Allie rearranges and organizes her room between 10-12:00 pm!! (it is always clean!)

So...here is the reason for this post in the first place! Last night we heard some raucous going on up in the "littles" room. Pretty soon McKenna came down and we hear Kelsie sobbing and saying, "mama, mama!" (total drama)
We ask McKenna..."what's going on?"
"She is driving me crazy!!! She (Kelsie) says she is scared and her tummy hurts!" (whatever)
I ask..."so what did you do?"
"So I pinched her and told her to SHUT UP!"
Well isn't that sweet. That didn't make her feel better? I can't imagine!!! 

I'm not really sure why...but this cracked Red and I up! I couldn't stop laughing! It really isn't funny if you think about it. Shut up is considered a swear word at our house and pretty much reserved for me when've had it up to....here! 

Why am I posting about this? I'm not really sure. My new found hobby of blogging is certainly not to show off my parenting skills or lack thereof! I decided when I started this (blog) that I was going to try to keep it real. No sugar coating! So...here it is!!! Our children are not snugly tucked in their beds and sound asleep at 8:30 pm. Some nights we feel lucky if they are at 10:00! Again...I'm trying to enjoy it...I will miss it someday! :)

Solution:  ???


4 comments:

allie said...

That cracks me up... but seriously.. at 8:00 I throw Jess in his bed and I don't see him again until I have to literally drag him out at 7:30 in the morning. I don't know if I would know what to do if he even asked for a drink of water... I guess I'm blessed in the bedtime department.

Oh, and I love to read (and blog myself) about random everyday life things.. I think that's what it's all about....

Good luck to you!!

a.

KATE said...

Oh WOW, I don't have any suggestions. I'll just laugh with you about McKenna pinching Kelsie and telling her to shut up. I mean that would never happen at my house. haha hope you caught the sarcasim! Good Luck! still chuckling about it!!

LINDSEY said...

Kim!!!!!!
I can't believe how much I miss you and your family. You really are the best. Your blog is beautiful, a work of art! You are good at everything. I miss my soul sister.

Matt and Jessica said...

I love your blog it cracks me up!!! Good luck with your little problem, matt's answer to everything is tranquilizers! :)