Monday, May 18, 2009

History Fair...WINNERS!

Anne Frank...A Young WWII Victim
Back in February, Allie and her good friend Audree won the history fair at school. So, they got to take their project to the regional history fair. They did such a great job on this project! Their chosen topic was Anne Frank. They had to do a tri-fold display and a written report. They both read and studied a lot about this famous girl and WW II. I was so proud of them! These girls were so cute and excited about the whole thing. They got to miss school for the day to sit with their project and answer questions as the judges came around. One reason I was so proud of them was, they did this project on their own. As I walked around looking at some of the other projects it was pretty obvious to me; this was not the case with many of them! When the judge came over to ask questions, she had me walk away so I just watched from a distance. Allie and Audree were able to answer all of her questions and looked very confident. The girl's did not place at the fair and move on to state...but, we found out a few weeks later they came in 5th place! I thought that was pretty great! We had some extra time after their project was judged so we did some shopping and went out for lunch. It was a fun day with the girls! Did I mention Allie and Audree are hyper and slightly CRAZY?! I love spending time with them! :)

3 comments:

Kami said...

I myself participated in the Utah State History fair, back in the day. Way to go Allie, looks great!!

Kate A said...

Good Job Allie! I'm VERY impressed! Way to go!!

Aubs said...

Congratulations Allie...I am very proud of you!