Saturday, May 30, 2009

Youth Temple Celebration!

Oquirrh Mountain Temple
Now completed and doing tours!
May 30, 2009



Tanner was very fortunate to be able to participate in the Youth Temple Celebration. Our church put this HUGE production together to celebrate the two new temples that have recently been completed in our area. Red and I were able to attend the celebration which was held in the conference center and I have to say it was fantastic! After a few months of practices...late nights and long hours it ended up being a very special night. Thousands of youth participated in this production and it was so neat to see so many of them come together to celebrate their love for the gospel and the temple. The costumes were so elaborate and all of the numbers told a story. The production was mainly music and dancing. Tanner did the samba! When it was all over Tanner asked me if I cried during the production? (of course!) Then I asked Tanner if he cried?? And he coolly replied ...yeah a little. ;) Tanner was able to go in the tunnels that are underneath temple square, in between the Salt Lake Temple and the Conference Center. I think the part that touched him the most...was before the production began, when President Monson, our Prophet entered, apparently all of the youth started singing We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet. We weren't there yet, but I know it really touched Tanner. I'm so grateful for moments like this...when I know my children are being touched and changed for good while engaging in something wholesome and fun! What a blessing! I know Tanner will remember this night forever. We couldn't take pictures during the production, so I took a few after. President Monson went out on the stage after and shook hands with many of the youth. I love him! If you are interested in touring the new temple...anyone is allowed and it is free! You MUST have a ticket and can get them on LDS.org. Red and I are looking forward to taking our children through it and working there in July.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I am proud of Tanner! What a nice experience that must have been for him. I would have cried too! Love ya all

KATE said...

What a cool experience! How fun!

Kami said...

What a great thing for those kids to be involved it. Make sure he writes down his feelings about it!