Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm still cool!

Feel lucky if you're reading this post as it might get deleted as soon someone reads it! I'll try to hide it under a few new posts! So...let's just call this person Banner to keep his/her name anonymous for this post. So... Banner is always telling Red and I we live in the dark ages and how NOT cool we are! He/she might be about to turn 13 so this is probably par for the course! Recently he/she came home from school one day and said: you listen to such lame music! You probably don't even know who Oingo Boingo is!!! To this I was happy to reply: actually I went to an Oingo Boingo concert once. (I didn't mention it was like 18 years ago and I didn't even particularly enjoy the concert!) SHAZAM! I rock!

Another time...sitting in the kitchen he I mean he/she says: you don't even know who the band Journey is! To this I say...actually I have Journey's Greatest Hits in the cabinet in our bedroom. I love Journey. I have them on my ipod too, if you want to check it out!

Hot Dog! I'm not such a dork after all!!! ;) ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's pretty funny!
i'm sure i wont be far behind you!

Lynette said...

Well HOT DOG! You tell him/her that I knew his/her mom way back when and that she was so hip & happenin' and that I remember her rocking like no other at the Oingo Boingo concert. Kimmy - you are too dang funny! I got your blog address from facebook and have enjoyed getting acquainted with your darling family. Keep it up sista!

KATE said...

Oh honey, you are still a dork. I mean he's 13 of course he thinks you're a dork. Sorry! :)