Friday, May 22, 2009

My Bakery


So yesterday I pretended to be a baker and made 4 loaves of ww bread and cupcakes for a little friend's birthday. I was trying to recreate a cupcake I had at the Sweet Tooth Fairy last week only a little different frosting. My mom says I shouldn't post the recipe because secretly she wants me to open a bakery of some kind and become a millionaire. Ha Ha Ha! :) I love you mom! Anyway the thought I'm having today is this:  Do my children, or the twenty other children that are at my home appreciate my homemadeness? Seriously...as I was serving their peanut butter and honey/ham and cheese sandwiches on my fresh bread I wondered. HMMM??? I think I know the answer! My cupcakes were awesome (I thought) and the frosting although it doesn't look so cute was my own little recipe. Did the children recognize it didn't come from a can?? Actually come to think of it a couple of them licked the frosting off and left the cupcake for dead! I'm thinking someday my kid's will appreciate the fact that I put my heart and soul into my cooking/baking...right?! (like when they're on a mission or in college) That's okay-- I love to do it either way. So...I'm going to start posting a few recipes on my sister-in-law Kate's recipe blog. (Thanks Kati- you're the best!) It says recipe blog (shocking, I know) and it's on my blog roll. I was planning to put recipes on my blog but decided to keep it more like a family journal...so watch for new recipes...coming soon!

4 comments:

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Sweet Tooth Fairy doesn't hold a candle to Kim Fairy!! Those look divine and I'll bet they don't have a taste of almond extract overload!! :) I need your recipe for WW bread since I'm on WW. Are you going to print that one on the blog? Let us know when you do print one on there so then I'll know when to check it. Way to go Betty Crocker!

Kami said...

LOVE the cupcakes! When you get the "smart cookie" recipe down, let me know. Those were awesome!!

Vanessa said...

Sweet Tooth Fairy is pretty awesome. Have you gone to So Cupcake or Cupcake Chic??

Thanks for the cupcakes I ate two for lunch!!!!

KATE said...

YUM! that's all I can even think to say! YUM, oh and when does the bakery open? I'm serious when i say I'd like to come up and PURCHASE (for real) some of your bread! It's so much better than at the store!!