Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy 'M' Day!


Our Mom's! My mom on the left w/baby Kelsie
Red's mom on the right


All day McKenna's been saying "Happy 'M' Day" to me so, to all of you mothers and other special ladies out there...Happy 'M' Day! She's also been singing "mommy's the champion" to the tune we are the champions! Such a funny girl...thanks for making me feel special today. I've been thinking a lot about being a mom as this day was approaching... Some days I think being a mother is what I was born to do. Other days it is one of the most frustrating parts of my life. I remember laying in recovery after having all of my children...nauseous, itching, shaking and aware of the pain that would soon be upon me. But still, just wanting my baby to hold and give him/her a thorough mom exam! (When you have a c-section you don't get your baby right away. I didn't see Kelsie for probably 5-6 hours.) Recovery gave me time to realize the miracle that had just occurred and that this precious child just left their Father in heaven to be with me. (Not just me, I know!) And have me as a mom....forever. Such a miracle. I am blessed to be the mother of four wonderful, healthy children. I'm trying to be conscious of this every day and not take them for granted. I love being a mom and I'm working each day to be the best mother I can! :)

This mother's day I also feel a little sad...I feel sorrow for those who have lost their mother and those who have either lost a child or long for a child to come. I know this can be a hard day for some. For me...I am also missing my mom today! I'm wishing she could be here (she lives in SC) so we could properly celebrate and my dad could cook for us!  Because... when Red cooks it's a little sketchy! :) We can talk about that another time! 

Happy Mother's Day mom! My mom is truly my best friend. (I know I'm your fav. just admit it!) She puts up with a lot of yapping from me! When I need to vent...I call her! I know she loves it! ;) One thing about having my mom far away is we enjoy our time together that much more. Precious time has been spent when she has come to help care for me and my new babes! She would usually stay for at least a couple of weeks...while I was down.  And by down I mean shopping/lunching/showing off my new babe. So fun...the worst was when she left and I cried my dang heart out after dropping her at the airport. Mom...you are awesome! I love you!

I also wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law! I'm so glad to have her around. At least we have one of you in the same state! My MIL Dorothy is a very caring and loving person. One of the nicest things she has done for me was after I had Allie. She hired a lady to clean my house for ?? at least three months, every week! It was so wonderful...I'll never forget it! Also, she has been taking a turn with each of the kid's going out for a lunch date and a little spoiling. They have loved spending alone time with her! I love you Dorothy and hope you have a Happy Mother's Day too!

Happy day to you all! :)


 

2 comments:

Kami said...

I hope you had a great M Day. You are one of my favorite mom's!!!

KATE said...

That was a sweet post! Well said!